Devised Theatre is a process in which the whole creative team develops the show collaboratively.
HOW TO APPLY
- Approximately 16’X16′ playing space,
ensemblemust consider audience placement & interaction
- Ensemble-generated lighting […wall sockets provided,
ensemblebrings everything else] 20 minutetime limit which must include set-up, performance andstrike
- Suggested 5
- Set up and strike can be part of the performance
- Suggested 5
- Company size – no more than nine members
- Contributions of the performing ensemble are to be balanced and evenly distributed
- Not every member of the ensemble must perform, but the majority should
- Faculty advisors may provide outside-eye feedback, but students should drive the work
- No live flame
- No smoking
TITLE: The time has come to realign what our fathers have misaligned.
Ensemblewill select their sources of inspiration as their creative container (examples: a photograph, a poem, a fictional or non-fictional short story, a memory, interviews, a question, etc.). Ensemblewill be asked to clearly articulate how their sources informed process and product, form and content.
- Each ensemble will create a unique performance vocabulary informed by their source materials. This vocabulary should include movement, voice, visual image, sonic landscape, text and scenic environment and communicate the piece’s style and aesthetic.
- Ensemble should consider time restraints and travel considerations. These parameters are designed to form a creative container to spark your imaginations and deepen your exploration.
Ball State University
Associate Professor of Acting and Movement
Department of Theatre and Dance
Arts and Communications, Room AC 306
Muncie, IN 47306