REGISTER ONLINE BY DECEMBER 15, 2022!
See below for further information.
KCACTF Region III, and the Region III Student Council presents a continuation of “Voices Out Loud.”
Voices Out Loud is a program for Region III conceived and sponsored by the Region III student council. The purpose of Voices Out Loud is to amplify the student voice at our regional festival and to encourage students to apply their artistic talents as a means to educate, challenge, entertain, and advocate for underrepresented voices. Voices Out Loud can be submitted by individuals or groups.
Each day of the festival Voices Out Loud will present student submitted work in response to a theme that has been chosen by the student council.
Wednesday, January 11
Thursday, January 12
- A day of “Isms”
- All about the isms people face on a daily basis and in theatre
- Feminism, ableism, colorism, racism, anti-Semitism, etc.
Friday, January 13
- BIPOC Representation
Saturday, January 14
- Empowerment Day
- What makes you feel empowered?
- How to empower others
- Submissions should be from one to five minutes in length, and they should be related to the themes listed in the first tab.
- Submissions are open to interpretation from each individual or group, but they should have a correlation to the theme and voice the artist/s personal connections.
- Voices Out Loud is open to all modes of performance including but not limited to:
- Spoken word poetry
- Original pieces
- Students should complete the application form on the link below.
- Applications open November 1, 2022, and are open until Tuesday, December 15 2022 at 11:59 pm
- Students must be registered for the festival in order to participate
- Participants must share a video to the specifically labelled google drive folder of the Region III Student Council ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Student Council members will select up to 45 minutes of materials to feature each day of the festival.
If you have any further questions please email: email@example.com
How to Apply
Student Council Chair